Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday 50-miler

Austin Cycle Camp had the hook-up this weekend with a great ride out of Blanco.

For a small fee, about 20 of us got shuttled out to the start, treated to solid ride support (SAG, snacks, ice cold water, the works!), lunch at Riley's BBQ, and a swim in the Blanco River afterward.

Heaven on earth.

It's been too long since I went on a long ride -- nice to spend some time in the saddle with friends.

Bonus! It was a delightfully cool 65 degrees when we rolled out this morning. Very unusual for Texas in August, but I'll take it!

Bikes & gear packed -- ready to depart Austin at 7am.

Open road in the beautiful hill country.

BBQ at Riley's. Delish.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Austin Cycle Camp,
    Please open a branch in Berkeley!
    hope to see you soon.
    CycleMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that would be a great ride during bluebonnet season, too!

    ReplyDelete